2018 PARADE INFOMRATION COMING SOON
Start of Parade
100 N Closner Boulevard
Edinburg, TX, 78539
End of Parade
1800 S Stadium Drive
Edinburg, TX, 78539
VETERAN’S DAY PARADE: RULES AND REGULATIONS
** Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations or be barred from the parade.
The City of Edinburg and the American Legion Post #408 reserve the right to remove from the parade, at any time, any entrant not conforming to rules and regulations or any entrant refusing to follow instructions of police or parade officials. The American Legion Post # 408 Committee must approve all entries before entering the line of march.
The following is a list of rules and regulation:
1. All entries must be in place by 9:30 A.M. The person signing the application must be present at time of float inspection.
2. The deadline for parade entries is Friday, October 28, 2016.
3. The committee will require inspection of floats prior to the parade on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
4. Floats inspected will be done in the staging areas (Enter Edinburg Town Square on McIntyre Street). You must be in your designed space at no later than 9:30 am.
5. Parade numbers used to identify entries must be on one side so that spectators and television cameras can easily see them.
6. There must be an adult on floats where there are children. We ask that all adults, children and walkers be clothed in costumes pertaining to the theme of the parade.
7. Throwing of objects / gifts from parade entrants to the spectators will not be allowed.
8. Parade participants should ask their own insurance agents if their insurances offer them sufficient protection while their unit/floats are in the parade. You must have proof of liability vehicle insurance.
9. Individuals and organizations are expected to perform courteously, in good taste, and with safety in mind at all times during the parade.
10. All parade entries, except equestrian, band, marching units, drill teams, and colorful performing groups must follow the theme commemorating all servicemen and women.
11. It is the responsibility of parents with children participating in the parade to make necessary arrangements to have children met and picked up at Bobcat Stadium Parking Lot on Palm Dr.
12. Maximum allowable height for the floats is 14 feet.
13. Please send a description or history of your entry to be used by television announcers along the parade route. Send it in with the parade application.
14. No one will get on or off a float or other entry once the parade has started down the parade route. The route will be from Town Square from Cano Street and will run 1 mile South on Closner Blvd to end at Palm Dr.
15. A copy of the parade rules signed by the person in charge of the entry must be in their possession at the time of the inspection. A copy of the signed rules must also be attached to the signed application.
16. No parade participant will be allowed to have a loaded firearm at any time.
17. NO SMOKING OR BEVERAGES WILL BE ALLOWED ON ANY PARADE ENTRY AT ANY TIME BEFORE OR DURING THE PARADE!!! SAFETY COMES FIRST AT ALL TIMES!!!
18. Marching units / entries must be preceded by marchers carrying a banner or sign which can be read at a distance of 100 feet and displayed in a way that the sign or banner can be read in all weather conditions.
19. Lone riders will not be permitted in the parade, anyone wishing to ride a horse in the parade must be affiliated with and ride with an approved group.
20. Floats will be judged based on the following: Creativity, Spirit, and Patriotism.
21. All Competitive floats need to be at their designative space at the time of the judging by 9:30 am.
To participate in the parade or more information please send us a message or give us a call at (956) 383-6246.